Monday, November 12, 2007

Heroes—Four Months Ago

















Sorry for the abbreviated review tonight--real life intrudes, as does NaNoWriMo... Unfortunately my blog words don't count for my NaNoWriMo totals.

In tonight's episode, we scoot back in time four months to find out what happened after last season's finale. Truthfully, I wish they'd started with this, instead of having the flashback setup. This whole episode was much more interesting and satisfying than just about anything they've done yet this season, with one glaring exception. That exception being Elle. I do not like her. In fact, I can't stand her. Her crawling over Peter made me want to just smack her right off my TV screen. I'm still not finding Maya and Alejandro's story particularly interesting, but Adam... Wow. What a difference a few centuries make. My only complaint about him as a new character is how much time they wasted on his earlier incarnation, because this one is a very strong addition to the current cast. Also addressed were Heidi's departure from Nathan's life, Peter and Nathan's return to earth, Nathan's healing, what killed DL, and how Peter ended up half-naked and handcuffed to the inside of a shipping crate. Overall, a very strong entry, and more like what I expect to see from this show.