Friday, March 16, 2007

Veronica Mars

Last night, Kristin Veitch from E!Online posted that Veronica Mars had been canceled. This morning, she's backpedaling. Read about it here.

It's because of this kind of thing that I have a very hard time taking Kristin seriously. Except when she says David Boreanaz is hot, cause, dude, we all know that's true. Anyway, this is the same Kristin who assured us all in no uncertain terms that Angel would most certainly return for a sixth season on the WB. Okay, so maybe I'm still holding a grudge.

In any case, if you're a Veronica Mars fan, I'd keep my fingers crossed and hope that the network and Rob Thomas manage to pull something together and, most importantly, that if they come to a compromise it's still Veronica Mars. Fans may disagree, but I'd rather see a show come to a dignified end than be retooled by network suits into something that it was never meant to be. (And no, that's not a grudge talking. I liked season 5 of Angel.)